Monday, February 11, 2008

Near Accident

Driving in the rain is not fun, a fact which the guy who decided to pull out into the street(Montrose) without checking for oncoming traffic was kind enough to remind me of. Under normal conditions I would have toasted some rubber but been able to stop in time. Unfortunately, slick roads and a somewhat sluggish reaction time made this impossible. The only reason I didn't plow right into the guy was because my tires locked and I slid (with an audible SMACK) into the curb. As I struggled to regain control, the other driver, quite helpfully, flicked on his turn signal and went on his merry way down a cross street. Didn't get a chance to really survey the extent of the damage. I figure I'm better off finding out in the morning and not worrying about it for now. It's been a long day :D.

4 comments:

Hanushka said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hanushka said...

Yeah, sometimes I put off looking at things like scratches and dents too. Only, now I've learned that I worry about it way too much in the mean time. Now, I try to face things as they come. Not fun, but less worrisome for sure.
I hope your car was okay.

I had to re-post due to a misspelled word...=)

Genie said...

Yikes! Glad you're okay...

Hanushka said...

Hi Richard! Unfortunately, I am unable to make it to your birthday gathering later today because of previous plans. However, I wanted to drop you a line and say, "Happy Birthday!" I hope this is your most favorite year yet!